Where to start with your internet search? One of the first steps is to track down the person or entity’s social media accounts.
Finding a business or non profit’s social media accounts is usually straightforward. However, finding a person’s social media profiles sometimes takes a bit more effort as many people do not use their real names online.
Finding a person’s social media profiles can be a useful tool for a variety of reasons, from networking to investigating someone’s background. Here are some search techniques you can use to find a person’s social media profiles:
- Use a search engine: Enter the person’s name and any other relevant details into a search engine, such as Google or Bing. Use quotation marks around the person’s name to narrow the search results. Look for links to social media profiles on websites, online directories, or news articles.
- Search on social media: Try searching for the person’s name or username on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also use the search bar on each platform to search for keywords or hashtags that the person might use.
- Use a people search engine: People search engines such as Pipl or Spokeo can be helpful for finding social media profiles, especially if you have limited information about the person. These search engines can scan multiple social media platforms and other online sources for information about the person.
- Check usernames and email addresses: If you have a username or email address that the person uses, you can try searching for that on social media platforms. Many social media platforms allow users to search for others based on email addresses or usernames.
- Try reverse image search: If you have a photo of the person, you can try using a reverse image search tool, such as Google Reverse Image Search, to find other instances of that photo online. This can lead you to social media profiles or other online content that the person has created.
Remember to respect people’s privacy and be mindful of how you use the information you find. Always seek consent before sharing someone’s personal information or contacting them on social media.
There are a vast number of social media websites, but here are some of the most popular ones: